What Makes A Review Right or Wrong?


.... I been thinking about this a lot lately when I write my own reviews. Is what I am writing right or wrong?

I think this is a matter of opinion. Because some people are strictly facts, and some people dig to find the deeper meaning of the story (Like me.) But is something you write wrong

For example: Sally has red hair and In your review you write Sally has blond hair. That is wrong. Obvious right? 

What I am trying to get at here is your opinions, thoughts, and what you have written. Things you observe, feel or think sometimes drives your reviews forward. I've had people tell me that I am wrong. That Sally didn't have any character growth or on a deeper level Sally was struggling with her emotions. 

Why do people tell other people they are wrong though? Reviews are not always hard facts, they can be but they aren't. You read the same book, person A feels different that person B. It is as simple as that. You may have interpret it differently then I have. 

This post is short, and I know that. But I just wanted to share what I thought about it since I've seen it happen to some people in the past. Not all minds work alike! 

How do you feel about this? Tell me below!


3 comments

  1. Well said. I have found that my followers know my style of writing for reviews. I felt the same way and pondered this but I read what I like and write how I feel. So I have to believe that is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reviews are opinions and opinions can't be wrong. You can be wrong about facts, I suppose, like the hair color of a character, but not about things that aren't facts like character growth.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my way of thinking, reviews are almost wholly opinions. How you feel about a book, a pl0t, a character. And opinions can't be wrong. They may not always be popular (LOL) but never wrong. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️